Chugiak house fire
A structure fire destroyed a Chugiak home on March 1.
According to Chugiak Volunteer Fire Department public information officer David Eastman, the department was dispatched at 8:11 p.m. March 1 to a fire at 15419 Old Glenn Highway, after a passing motorist had observed smoke in the are Eight Chugiak Fire Department units responded.
The home was unoccupied at the time, and natural gas had been turned off prior to the fire.
Arriving units attempted to make entry into the home but were unable, due to the advancement of the flames.
No injuries were reported.