Man sought in death investigation

Wednesday, January 8, 2014 - 19:00
One injured in fight; assault occurs in Chugiak

Anchorage Police detectives are seeking to speak with Brett William Hopper as they continue their investigation into the death of Eagle River’s Andrew Conn.

Conn, 32, was found dead at his home on Mountain Vista Drive on Dec. 7, 2013.

Hopper, an acquaintance of Conn, is a person of interest in the case, according to an email from APD spokesperson Anita Shell.

Anyone with information on the whereabouts of Hopper can call APD detective Foraker at 786-2455 or 786-8900.


Man injured in fight

A man was sent to the hospital after being grazed by a bullet and hit on the head with a shovel during a fight at a Chugiak residence Monday, Jan. 6.

During the altercation at the 21000 block of the Old Glenn Highway, one of the men brandished a gun, according to an APD press release. A fight ensued over the weapon.

During the scuffle, a woman hit one of the men over the head with a shovel. The firearm was also discharged during the fight and a bullet grazed the man who the female hit, APD said. He was taken to a local hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

Two suspects have been taken into custody, APD said. No arrests or charges had been made as of Monday.


Man arrested for assault

An Anchorage man was charged with second-degree assault and providing false information after he allegedly choked and beat a 40-year-old woman inside a Chugiak trailer.

Police arrested Lloyd Fulton, 25, on Saturday, Jan. 4 for the incident that occurred at the 22000 block of Dogsled Court on Dec. 26, 2013.

The victim reported being choked several times and beaten, Shell said. She said the woman had bruises on her arms, face and lips. The victim also had petechial bruising around her eyes, Shell said, which indicates that she was strangled.

Shell said Fulton and the woman were staying with a third person in the trailer. When the woman wanted to leave, she said, Fulton wouldn’t let her.

A no-bail warrant was issued for Fulton, and police located him during a traffic stop in Anchorage on Jan. 4 at 4:18 a.m. Fulton fled the scene at Kent Street and Canterbury Way on foot, Shell said.

After police caught him, she said, Fulton provided false identification. He was taken to Anchorage Jail.

Facebook comments