68-year-old woman charged with assault after allegedly biting husband

Tuesday, February 5, 2019 - 13:00
  • An Anchorage Police Department patrol vehicle sits behind the Justin Wollam police substation in Eagle River, Alaska on Saturday, Jan. 21, 2017. (Matt Tunseth/Chugiak-Eagle River Star)

Items in the Police Briefs are taken from the Anchorage Police Department’s online crime mapping system. Details about individual events are provided by the department’s public information office. Defendants are presumed innocent unless proven guilty.

On Feb. 1 at around 8:30 p.m. police were called to a residence on Whispering Birch Drive, where they arrested Carol J. Crandall, 68, of Chugiak for assault after she allegedly bit her husband during an argument, leaving a visible injury. Police said both people had been drinking.

Fight leads to charges

On Jan. 28 at around 8 p.m. police were called to a residence on Old Eagle River Road for a report of an assault. While there, police found Robert K. Atoruk-Jordan, 33, of Kiana, had got into a fight with his girlfriend. According to police, the girlfriend slapped Atoruk-Jordan, who allegedly responded by punching the woman in the face and choking her, leaving visible injuries. She was evaluated by medics at the scene, police said.

Police said Atoruk-Jordan was arrested on second- and fourth-degree assault charges and taken to the Anchorage Jail.

Traffic stop nets warrant arrest

On Jan. 29 at around 3 a.m. an APD officer stopped a vehicle for allegedly speeding on the Glenn Highway and arrested a passenger, Jammie R. Clagett, 35, of Anchorage, on an outstanding warrant.

Vehicle speeds off

On Jan. 30 at around 12:23 a.m. an APD officer tried to stop a vehicle on the Glenn Highway near South Birchwood Loop for driving without headlights, police said. However, police said the vehicle allegedly ran a stop sign and sped off and the officer discontinued the chase.

Truck stolen, recovered

On Jan. 30 at around 6:45 p.m. police received a report that a Chevy pickup had been stolen from the Fred Meyer parking lot. Police said the vehicle was found by a friend of the owner two days later unoccupied on the Old Glenn Highway.

Police called on couple who knocked on door

On Jan. 30 at around 9:13 p.m. police said they received a report from a homeowner on Birch Park Circle who said a man and woman pulled up outside her house in a gray Jeep. The woman reportedly told police that the couple had papers in their hands, walked up to her front door and knocked several times. The woman told police she did not answer because she did not know the couple but instead called a neighbor. Police said the neighbor asked the couple what they were doing and they said they were with the woman’s mortgage company and wanted to complete an earthquake assessment. The woman contacted her realtor who suggested she make a report to police. Police said the man was in his 50s or 60s and that there was no description given of the woman.

CHS student hit with felony pot charge

On Feb. 1 at around 10:49 a.m. police received a report that several Chugiak High students claimed to school staff that Lexi M. Jones, 18, had brought marijuana on a school bus. Police said an assistant principal searched Jones’s backpack and allgedly found marijuana and a pipe. An APD spokeswoman said Jones was charged with fourth-degree misconduct involving a controlled substance, a class C felony.

Driver arrested

On Feb. 2 at around 6 a.m. police received a report of a white Audi driving erratically. Officers stopped the vehicle on Eagle River Loop Road and arrested the driver, Senafont K. Nanalook, 31, of Togiak, for operating under the influence.

Open-and-shut case

On Feb. 3 at around 5:43 a.m. police received a call about a neighbor’s front door being wide open with nobody apparently home. Police arrived at the apartment complex on End Street and found the door appeared to have been forced open. Police said that due to the condition of the apartment, it was unclear if the apartment had been burglarized. A police spokeswoman said officers tried to contact the resident but were unable to, though they did secure the door before leaving.

Facebook comments